Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hope

Reed is currently driving across the country to settle in Fresno for the year, and I had put a few episodes from Timothy Keller's podcast on his iPhone. He listened to one at the beginning of his trip and suggested I listen to it, too. So I did.

This morning, I listened to Keller's "Sexuality and the Christian Hope". If you haven't read or heard Keller, he's great. I love his style of teaching and he's a really good communicator (of course, I would love that). Anyway, I learned a lot and was really challenged from this. One of my favorite parts of Keller's message was his recognition of real hope. I forget if it was his definition or he took it from someone else, but he describes our hope like this: life-shaping, joyous certainty that your future is the eternal love and glory of God in a renewed heaven and a renewed earth. That is crazy cool.

The rest of the message was equally stirring. If you want something different to listen to, just check it out on iTunes under the Timothy Keller podcast. Good stuff.


No comments: