Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Philippians

I've been reading through the Bible this year, as in straight through, and I'm presently still in the Old Testament. Yes, I'm a bit behind, but I don't need to finish in a year. I just want to read it all. Today, though, I started memorizing in Philippians. When I open up my Bible, this is the most marked up and noted portion of the book. I love this book. We learn about joy in all circumstances, trusting God and partnership in the Gospel. It's such good stuff! So I've decided I want to memorize it - Philippians. I'm going pretty slowly so that I can focus on sections at a time and really let it sink in. Today I started with the first 6 verses and I'll work on them until Monday.

As I was looking at this section today, I realized how cool verse 3 is. I don't know why I've kind of ignored this part, but it's so neat. "I thank my God every time I remember you." What an awesome piece of encouragement to give your brothers and sisters. There are so many people I should be thanking God for every time I think of them.

In other unrelated news, I found tiny gummy bears at a market today. They are so tasty. And I realized how much I love markets. They might be my favorite part of spring/summer.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Yeah!
Philippians is great! I need to get back to memorizing. I miss it.
Good luck. I hope you learn a lot from it.

Karen said...

I. Love. Philippians.
We're studying it in church right now....blows my mind every Sunday. :)
I also love gummy bears and markets.
And you. :)