Thursday, July 1, 2010

Variety

I love variety. I always say I'm going to grow my hair out, but then I end up cutting it about every three months. And I always want it to look different.

I can't eat the same thing twice in a row at a restaurant. I always want to try something new.

This need for variety is kind of funny. I mean, I say I don't like change, like most people, but I think I really do. It's kind of adventurous and mysterious. Just look at my blog. I get bored with it so easily and rather than update on a regular basis, I change the look of it every once in a while. Most of my posts have happened right after a little redecorating of the site. Today, I've also decided I don't need to blog serious, insightful or deeply personal things to enjoy writing. I used to think this blog was a place for me to throw up all these feelings and thoughts I needed to get out. But today, I'm very content. I like to write, and I don't quite know what I like to write yet. I'm okay with that.

I don't love the new blog background, though. Don't get me wrong, I love books. And more than that, I love bookshelves. :) But this book-filled wallpaper makes me feel like I'm trying super hard to be intellectual. Maybe I am. Please, you reading this, see me as an intellectual. Did the books help?

Alright, to wrap up today, I will tell you that I love Keith Green and Needtobreathe. And Phil Wickham. And as of this past week, I've been introduced to Florence and the Machine. Good stuff.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that you love variety. The books looked nice and I do think of you as intellecutal, even without the bookshelf background. I've heard Florence and The Machine. She's the one who sings Rabbit Heart right? Has the funky album cover with her lungs on the outside of her body. Very interesting indeed! I've been listening to some new artists that are interesting and have some great sounds. Here they are, you might like some of them: Zee Avi, Rosi Golan, Katie Herzig, Zooey Deschanel the duo She & Him, and Sufjan Stevens. They all have coffee house sounds. Hope you have a super day and enjoy some more "variety" in your music selections. Keith Green ROCKS!!!!

Anonymous said...

JESS! I love it when you write. I get really excited to read it :) Hope you're doing well, and thanks for letting me stay with you earlier...you blessed me a lot.
Melisa