Monday, March 30, 2009

Nice Night for a Blog

Sooooo....

I'm learning a lot. I've been playing this tug of war with God over my joy for a while, and I realize I really hate this game. In the last week God has brought some things up that have been very obvious, but I'm just "too busy being busy" as someone said tonight. I've been waiting to be filled, to be inspired or served, while all the time I could be doing just those things for others. Ugggh...I hate "duh" moments. While talking with a good friend who shares my love for lists, we discussed that these lists are not great for our spiritual lives. We set ourselves up and when we don't succeed or complete our lists, we just break under disappointment. Plus, what do when we DO complete a list? Do we reward our little selves or what? All that said, I'm working on just enjoying these days simply for their own sake. No rewards, no lack of pain-just trying to enjoy today because it's here. God uses the ordinary all the time! I'm really thankful for the ordinary in my life. You could even call it boring sometimes, but none of it seems meaningless. I praying for a lot, hoping about much and asking for a whole bunch of guidance. :) I need it. Tonight though, I'm thankful for a lot. And like many, I'm enjoying musical partners in this growing process. Several songs have been on my mind lately, and here they are:

Let That Be Enough-Switchfoot
True Love-Phil Wickham
You Are My Hope-Skillet
Be At Rest-not sure :)
Psalm 62
Storm-Lifehouse
Joyful, Joyful-Sister Act 2 soundtrack :)
On Being Joyful and Content-Bradley Hathaway
The entire Glory Revealed album-awesome!

Enjoy the day. Oh and next tattoo...I'm thinking the word "oil" in Hebrew.

No comments: